We get this request regularly: "I would like a softer gentler pillow, but I still want to have good support for my neck"- the next statement is usually, " I have already tried the Brookstone Memory Foam pillow and the temperpedic, and those were too hard for me"
A very popular newer pillow of ours is the Cervical Alignment Pillow. It’s a very soft and gentle pillow that is good for side and back sleeping. The Dimensions of the Neck Pillow are 24”x 16” (61cm x 41 cm). The lobe or neck roll on this pillow is available in three sizes: 5 inch, 6 inch, or 7 inch neck lobe. To determine what lobe size you will need for your neck, download the fitting guide here.
- Have someone else measure the person using the pillow, this will ensure the best fit possible
- The person who will be using the pillow should stand up straight.
- Place the rounded edge of the sizing guide on the nape of the person’s neck.
- Imagine a vertical line extending upward from the edge of the person’s shoulder blades. The flat edge of the sizing guide should be along this line.
- To help visualize the vertical line, let the remaining guides hang down against the person’s back.
- If the guides rest gently against the back, the fit is correct. If the guides hang away from the back, try the next smaller size.
- Measurement of 4" or less, use the 5” Lobe
- Measurement of 4 to 5" = use the 6” Lobe
- Measurement of 6" or more= Use the 7" Lobe)
Who is the Cervical Alignment Pillow for? This pillow is great for anyone who is looking for a softer neck pillow but needs the support in their neck at the same time. Imagine taking a soft towel, rolling it up and placing it under your neck while sleeping. If you have degeneration in your neck, specifically bone spurs, this pillow will work well for you. Also great for patients who have a herniated or bulging disc in their neck, it can provide a gentle streth while sleeping. What we have found is that everyone is a little different, and what pillow works for one person may not be the same for the next. The Cervical Alignment Pillow has been a nice addition for those that like a softer pillow that still gives support. It also allows you to choose the size of the neck roll.
To get more information about the Cervical Alignment Pillow, Go To Neck Pain Relief Kit.com and Click on Neck Pillows > Traction Pillows.