I have had back and neck pain all my life, but it has become worse as of
late. I am seeking a pillow that will work for me. I am 5'2" and
very petite, so I will need a pillow on the smaller side. I sleep on
What would you recommend to relax my neck muscles and reduce the pain?
Thank you for your email. Okay i have a few suggestions for you. First, a pillow that will accomodate your 5'2" ht. I have two recommendations:
#2. The tricore pillow- petite
Both of these pillows are on the smaller size for length, width and height. The linear gravity pillow is 20"x15", and the petite core is 19"x12". The main difference is the level of support. Pillow #1 is softer, and Pillow #2 is on the firmer side.
With both of these pillows, you can sleep on your side. The more popular one is the small arc4life linear gravity neck pillow.
I also have a softer pillow that I would recommend that is a medium size: The arc4life natural alignment neck pillow. This pillow offers a very soft level of support. For someone is getting used to using a contoured neck pillow, this is a great choice.
All of these neck pillow choices will give you great support in your neck.
For relaxing the muscles, here are my recommendations:
1. Biofreeze Pain Relief Gel - this gel you can use on your neck and upper back muscles. You don't need a lot and make sure you massage the gel in and use as much pressure as you are able to withstand.
2. Formula 303 - a Homeopathic remedy that is a natural muscle relaxer.Contains magnesium, valerian root and passion flower. Great for muscle spasms, tight muscles and pulled muscles.
3. Theracane - Trigger point therapy you can do yourself, without anyone's helps. Something everyone needs in their medicine cabinet. Work on hard to reach muscles in your back and use as much pressure as you able to withstand.
4. Tens Unit - Use an electric current to stimulate nerves therapeutically. Works on pain (acute and chronic).
Hope this helps; If you have any specific questions about any of these products, email me.
The Neck Pillow Queen
- Making the right pillow choice
- Using a theracane massager for deep massage at home on painful trigger points
- What to do for cervical radiculopathy?
- Using a neck roll at night can alleviate neck pain
- Things you can do if you suffer from neck pain